Quick Banana Chocolate and Walnut Loaf – spelt or khorasan or gluten free
This is a banana bread extraordinaire, soft, moist and caramely, the secret is using bananas which have been left to ripened with brown spots all over them. I use Billington Light Muscovado sugar which is unrefined cane sugar but you can use organic raw, rapadura or palm/coconut sugar, which will give you a slightly denser texture but won’t change its delicious taste.
It takes just under 2 minutes to mix in your Magimix CE Food Processor. This loaf batter is runny so do not panic!
You can also make this glutenfree by substituting the flour with your preferred glutenfree flour mixture.
You will need a medium size heavy bread baking tin, mine measures 11cm wide x 25cm length x 10cm height
Quick Banana Chocolate and Walnut Loaf - spelt or khorasan or gluten free
- 4 medium or 3 large banana, very ripe see above comments
- 4 eggs organic and free range
- 220-250 g light brown sugar see above comments
- 200 ml Creme fraiche or sour cream full cream not skim
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 275 g white spelt flour if using khorasan, use 225g instead
- 1 tsp Bicarb soda/sodium bicarbonate
- 2 tsp Baking powder gluten and aluminium free
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 125 g Dark Couverture choc chips
- 75-100 g lightly toasted pecan or walnuts activated if possible
- Line your loaf tin with silicon baking paper. Preheat your oven to 165C Blitz flour, bicarb and baking powder for 30 seconds in your Food Processor large bowl, then set aside on a piece of baking paper Put in banana, eggs, salt and sugar in your Food Processor large bowl, speed 9, for 1 min. Add sourcream and oil and blitz for 30 seconds. Add flour mixture and blitz for 20-30 seconds until mixed. Add choc chips and pecan or walnut pieces and mix for 10-20 seconds. Pour into your tin, making sure it is no more than half full or it will overflow during baking Bake in a pre-heated 165C oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean