Muffins, Banana Espresso
Ultra soft & moist banana espresso muffins with choc chips in Thermomix or by hand mixer. Freeze really well too. A great way to use your home made heirloom creme fraiche, the one I teach in my Culturing class.
- 125 g Butter
- 100 g Raw sugar
- 65 g Rapadura or Coconut sugar
- 2 Large eggs Or 3 small organic free range
- 135 g Creme fraiche or sour cream Full cream, not low fat
- 260 g Banana Mashed
- 60 g Espresso shot Hot
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean extract or vanilla essence
- 240 g Organic SR flour
- 1/2 tsp Bi Carb soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 100 g Choc chips or chopped lightly toasted pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced or 180C convection oven
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Speed 3-4/3 mins. Scrape sides often
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add banana, mashed until mixed
- Add creme fraiche, espresso shot and vanilla bean extract, slow speed (speed 2) until well blended
- Lastly, add the dry ingredients (flour, bi carb soda and salt) and choc chips or nuts until JUST mixed. Do not over mix
- Put into muffin cups, fill 1/2 full and no more or it will spill over in the oven.
- Depending on the size, cook until the middle is firm to touch or a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.