Yoke's cultured Khorasan (Kamut) Banana Bread this recipe was created out of sheer frustration after I bought ($5/slice) and ate refrigerated slice of banana cake from a well known cafe in Perth. It was not a nice slice, I had a mouthful of baking soda on one bite and I didn't feel great afterwards...so here is one that I made to satiate my craving for banana bread...probaby cost less than $5 and it is organic to boot...
- 300 g Khorasan flour organic
- 1 tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 3 medium Bananas very ripe
- 4 Eggs Organic, free range
- 80 g Unsalted butter, uncultured Or oil if you prefer
- 200 mL Cultured cream/Sour cream/Kefir cream/Buttermilk/Kefir milk
- 150 g Activated pecan nuts optional
- 150 g Couverture choc cips optional
- Preheat your oven to 170C
- Using your TM (turbo 3-4 times) or hand held mixer/food processor, mix well khorasan flour, bicarb soda, baking powder and sea salt - Leave aside
- Whizz in your TM bowl (speed 4, 1 min) or use a hand held mixer, food processor until well mixed - bananas, eggs and butter.
- Add cultured cream (or sour cream, kefir cream, buttermilk, or kefir milk)
- Add all of the flour mixture above Mix well but do not overmix or your bread will be tough, for TM use speed 4-5, 20-30sec only.
- Optional, add pecans and/or couverture choc chips (Callebaut, Valrhona...)
- Mix well by hand is my preference but you can use your TM on reverse 10 sec speed 6
- Put in your buttered and lined loaf tin, I use my medium size tin, measuring (25x12cm and 10cm high).
- Bake for 1-1hr 15 minutes until brown and a skewer inserted in the middle of your cake comes out clean.