Beginners Sourdough Thermomix class
Beginners Sourdough for Thermomix / Kitchen-Aid / Kenwood Chef / Ankarsrum
Options for dairy/wheat-free – all vegetarian
This is the ‘machine’ version of my beginners sourdough classs, so you can bring your own Thermomix, Ankarsrum, Kitchen Aid or…
You will be guided and inspired to make this delicious and nutritious bread at home, so all my effort goes into teaching you how to fit in this sourdough breadmaking to your day-to-day life, as well as providing you with my sourdough culture and organic/biodynamic flours to start off your breadmaking adventure without having to go to shops for ingredients.
The class will start with my sourdough bread tastings, preserves and cheeses to match, followed with an Introduction to the sourdough world (starter culture, methods, ingredients, tools, etc). Tastings of all the breads and pizza/focaccia/ciabatta including pizza with Manjimup black truffles when available.
I will then demonstrate how to mix and knead the dough using Thermomix and other machines and all the steps of sourdough bread making from starter to dough making, kneading, stretch, fold and shaping, indentation test, and baking will be demonstrated for the 5-6 varieties of dough covered in class.
Type of sourdough covered in this class:
- Sourdough pizza dough
- Everyday spelt sourdough
- Super soft sourdough rolls
- Chocolate dough with dried fruit (cranberry or raisins), nuts or coverture chocolate chips
- Multigrain sourdough
- Spelt fruit loaf
- Sourdough ciabatta
You will Take Home:
- Participant will make and take home 3 types of sourdough dough in their Thermomix (pizza, everyday spelt and bitter choc cranberry and pistachio).
- Comprehensive Thermomix adapted recipes & notes
- Live sourdough starter culture and organic stone ground flour to feed your starter
- You will be rising, shaping and baking the three types of dough at home
- Your own Thermomix or other machine (Kitchen Aid, Kenwood Chef, Ankarsrum…)
- Duration – 6 hours
- Includes comprehensive notes and recipes
- Starter culture to take home
- Generous food to share in class and take home
- Three types of sourdough dough (pizza, spelt & chocolate) to make and take home